GLIMPSES OF ACTIVITIES:
- Conducted International Conference on Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects in 2014
- Conducted International Moot Court Competition on the Environmental Law in the February 2014.
- Completed Constancy project on implementation of Coastal Regulation Zone notification in Gujarat, funded by Gujarat Ecology Commission in 2014.
- Conducted waste paper collection drive from 5th to 8th August 2015
- Conducted field visits for the students to attend Environment Public Hearing session as part of Environment Impact Assessment process, in collaboration with NGO-Parayavaran Mitra
Proposed activities for 2015-16
- Publication of Journal
- Students’ conference in February 2016
- Workshop on Forest Law for the student
- Field visits for the students to attend Environment Public hearing
- Advocacy for Environment Protection
- Analysis of the present law and policy for Environment Protection
- Tree plantation Programme on Foundation Day.
AREAS OF RESEARCH AND FUNCTIONING:
In collaboration with different stake holders, the Centre focuses on the following research activities:
- Research work in collaboration with NGO Paryavaran Mitra
The Centre for Environment law and Paryavaran Mitra would make collaborative research. The following areas are identified for the said research:
- Monitoring of the working of the Ambient Air quality Monitor installed at Maninager. The research would focus on reasons responsible for the high pollution in the area
- A critical study of E-Waste Management- The research would focus on implementation of e-waste management rules in Ahmedabad